Tuesday, July 22, 2008

WISHING YOU A NEW YEAR FILLED WITH CHRIST'S BLESSINGS


Originally posted 19/01/2008 20:13:47

I pray that you and your families experience the deep peace and love of Jesus in this new- year.

Since finishing the Parish Mission in Willesden Green, London, I spent three weeks resting and being renewed by God before I continue with the work of parish missions and school retreats for the new year. I went to New York with my mother, where I was able to meet up with some of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, who are based in the Bronx there. Some of you may remember them from the time that I spent there which I wrote about in my first book From Gangland to Promised Land. It was a real blessing to see some of them, and share with them what I have been up to and see how they are getting on. Over the Christmas break I have had a chance to feel renewed by God and have had more time to spend with Him, as well as with friends and family. I have just begun two weeks of speaking in schools and prisons around England before I begin my first parish mission of 2008 in Ballykelly in Co. Wexford.

(A list of the schools and times I will be speaking at them can be found at the end of the blog.)

This week we as Catholics celebrate the feast of the Epiphany, where the three wise men came to seek out the Baby Jesus to worship Him and see the new- born King. Since just celebrating the birth of Jesus on Christmas this is a beautiful time where once again we can adore the Lord who came to us as a helpless baby in the arms of Mary, to bring peace, joy, and salvation to our world. I am always touched by the thought that God would make Himself so small and weak as to be a baby, so that He might reveal His love to each one of us. Christmas is also a great time for us to begin again with Jesus, by renewing our faith and trust in Him. Each year we get to celebrate His coming into the world at Christmas and we can in a special way make room for Jesus in our hearts and once again invite Him in with His unconditional love for us.

A special thank you to all of you who have kept me in your prayers. Know that I remember all of you in my prayers also

May God Bless You in His deep love
God Bless
John

Monday January 7th- Bishop Challoner, Hardlinge St, London E10 AB

Tuesday January 8th- Bishop Challoner, Harlinge St London E10 AB

Wednesday January 9th, Bishop Challoner, Harlinge St London E10 ABS

Friday January 11th
St. Joseph's Church, New Malden Surrey, KT33 QW.

Saturday January 12th- Catholic Charismatic Renewal, Good News Office, 28 Allen Hall London, Beaufort St, SW35 AA,

Monday January 14th- St. Bede’s, Redhills, Surrey, 64 Carlton Rd, RH1 2DD
9-10 am

Tuesday January 15th- St. Joseph’s College, Stoke on Trent, London Rd ST45 MT
11:00- 11:50 am

Tuesday January 15th- All Hallows C.S. Maccersfield, Brookland Ave, Chester, CK88 LB 1:15-2:15pm

Wednesday January 16th- Holy Cross R.C. Highschool, Chorley, Lancashire PR7 3NT 12-12:50pm

Thursday January 17th- Cardinal Langley School, Rochdale Rd, Middleton, Manchester, M24 2GL 9:30-11:50

Friday January 18th- Hinley Prison, Wigan, Gibson St, WM2 5TH 9-11am


No comments: