Tuesday, July 22, 2008

YOU WILL RECEIVE POWER!



Hello Everyone,

I hope you are well and that you have peace in your heart. It has been an incredible last couple of weeks in Sydney, one of the first talks I was asked to do was to a group of leaders of different youth groups, just before I was due to speak there was a time of praise and I was thanking God for being here and the prospect of speaking to hundreds of thousands of young people at the World youth day events. As I was praying I received an image in my mind of myself as a little child kneeling before Jesus and him just looking at me with complete love and acceptance and all the other things that seem so important in the world were stripped away and all that was there was my relationship with him, and my heart was filled with joy because I knew that was the what I live for. During the talk afterwards I really felt God had incredible plans for all these young people coming to Sydney and he would make them his witnesses in the world.

The thing that has struck me is that God wants to work in every situation that we find ourselves in, one evening I was walking down by the harbour in Sydney and I bumped into a group of pilgrims from Guam and I gave one of the girls a book and I don't think she knew what to make of it at first. A week later she turned up at one of the talks I had done and told me how God had really touched her heart. There are no coincidences with God.

One morning during Mass the Priest got up to give his homily and he said a man came to him yesterday and said it had been fifty years since his last confession, "I was walking down George street in Sydney and I saw the joy in the young people from all over the world and I thought THEY ARE RIGHT! and so I have come to confession to start again with God." God was working through those young peoples witness and they hadn't even known it.

At Barangaroo on friday night I was speaking to over 100,000 young people at the Receive the power live event, and I really felt the power of God and his message for them Not to be afraid of the Darkness in our world because it can never put out the light of Christ which burns within us.

Lastly I had the honour to speak at the vigil in Randwick to over 250,000 people. I was originally meant to speak for 10 minutes but someone didn't turn up and I was given 30 minutes. It was a beautiful sight to see so many young people gathered together and I thank God for such a blessing and knowing that every single one of them is precious to him and that he has a plan for all of them to bring his love to the world. As the theme of the world youth day said " You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses". I pray that will come true in all of our lives.

God bless you and know that you are in my prayers.

>> Connect with me at Xt3.com by visiting my personal page.

Randwick photo from sydney morning herald

No comments: